Grass is greener on the other side. I can appreciate how true that statement is considering that how we are buying and trying expensive products from the western market when few of the products we have been traditionally using have a greater value then them.
For instance, think of coconut oil, Its not something new and being an Indian I grew seeing mom using it every day. I might have been using them regularly when I was a kid but when reaching teenage just like most of my fellow age group girls, rebelled in using it.
Possibly, I loved my hair when it is free flowing and not make me to look nerdy Or may be I dint like it being sticky on my hair or may be its smell or may be the fear of other kids naming me as Not a Cool kid, oh, whatever…
Recently, While I was looking for some product online, I stumbled across an article explaining coconut oil’s benefits. To be honest, I was totally awestruck to learn how much multi-functional it is. Probably every one would have been aware of its benefits on the hair, but do you know its usefulness extends much more than that. We can use coconut oil to cook, moisturize your hair, remove makeup, hydrate your skin and here is an additional trivia – it has been a essential ingredient in the diets that has nourished billions of people around the world for thousands of years. sometime back, if anybody tells me that there is one great product that solve dozens of health and beauty issues,
I wouldn’t have believed them. However, this little stunner does exist. Its not like i’m daydreaming any more. After knowing its benefits, it smell delicious to me now. Today I incorporate it into my lifestyle…! And Yes, now I’m obsessed with it.
Here are some more great benefits to coconut oil:
- Shoe Polish : True, an effective alternative when you run out of shoe-polish.
- Moisturizer – simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face. As protection against swimming pool chemicals.
- Massage Oil – Pretty simple; grab some and rub!
- Foot Cream – Great for dry and cracked feet.
- Body scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over! Rinse off and your skin will be super soft!
- Eye cream – apply under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags, and wrinkles. Use on the lids in the evening.
- Pre shave – coconut oil will prep skin for the pending damage caused by shaving.
- After-shave – coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores.
- Hair Conditioner – Rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends leave on overnight.
- Make up remover – use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you would be amazed at how well it works!
- Chap-stick – Chapped lips don’t stand a chance against ultra-hydrating coconut oil. just rub a little into lips!
- Healing –Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
- Chewing Gum Hair Remover – (Yikes….) just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about no minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip.It’s out!
Phew, let me stop here as this list just keep going on and on. But this information does make me think that may be we are ignoring lot of great products being passed down generations and we are not really knowing the value of them. May be this is the time to open your grandma’s closet to see how many more golden items are hidden.